25 Jan Spring up Your Space // A How To Guide to Transitioning from Winter to Spring
One of our least favorite parts about Christmas being over is taking down all of the sparkly decorations, resulting in our house feeling so barren and cold. Over the years, I have learned to embrace this season after Christmas and before Spring, viewing it is as a blank canvas and time of refresh. All the flocking and glitter may be gone, but now you have a fresh, clean slate to ring in the new year!
Here are a few key elements that will easily freshen up your space while embracing winter and welcoming Spring at the same time! A dual purpose is always a win, win – am I right?
- Look around and Move around
- You’d be amazed at what you can find if you just search within the walls of your very own home. The idea of freshening things up doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag and can include easy rearranging furniture and art to switch up the flow of your space. This can be achieved by adding that modular piece back into your sectional or incorporating your favorite accent chair into the corner of your room, creating a cozy but bright little reading nook.
- Go Green
- There are so many benefits to incorporating living greens into your space! If you don’t have a green thumb – get a low maintenance house plant that doesn’t require your undivided attention. We love the list Bloomscape has put together here. If you know anything about me, you are likely familiar with my obsession with moss. This is another way to get a splash of color in your pots without any maintenance. It is SO easy!
- Natural Light + Clean Air + A Fresh Scent
- Open those windows and doors! Nothing says Spring like the fresh light and air of mother nature. This will allow your house to air out and immediately freshens up any space, large or small. Not only do we open our windows often, but we open our doors as well to really allow the breeze to sweep throughout our house.
- Some love Candles, others love sprays. Whatever your preference, find that go to scent that energizes you and fills the air with a fresh, invigorating aroma!
- Wash your Windows
- If you’re like me, my windows get plastered with fingerprints and 3M strips during the holidays. A great way to freshen up your space is to rid those little smudges by using your favorite glass cleaner and a microfiber cloth!
- Switch out your Pillows and Throws
- You guys, this is such an easy transition! To go from Winter to Spring in our house, this is a must! I eliminate all things dark and moody and freshen up with bright and airy. Think light tones and bright color pops, whether it’s greenery or a new accent throw pillow!
- Create a new gallery wall or accent piece by printing your favorite pic of your kids or dog from your previous year and throw it in a white frame with a white matte. This is such an inexpensive statement and really personalizes your space! Mix with a few color pops from wall décor to that new-to-you still life you acquired at last weekend’s estate sale and wala! You have a new art wall that is completely customized to your liking!
There are so many ways to make the transition, these are just a few! We also use this season to oil our wooden utensils and cheese boards, freshen up our linens around the house and dust the nooks and crannies. Consider it a pre-Spring cleaning if you will! We promise you will feel so revived after implementing just a couple of these tricks!
We would love to hear how you make the transition in the comments below!